Minyard Weekly Ad
Minyard Foods started way back in 1930s when Eck Minyard, a postal worker, purchased a store for $1200 in East Dallas. Because it was the tome of the Great Depression, his main purpose was to provide jobs for his two younger brothers. After the end of the decade, Minyard opened another convenience store outlet. Three more stores opened in 1940s and six others were launched in the 1950s. By 1960, they had eleven outlets in total, including the largest in Lancaster. In 1990, Minyard opened the Carnival Food Stores which basically sells ethnic items produced in the area.
Due to the pressure of competition, Minyard Foods was sold to Acquisition vehicle Texas II , LCC which is an investment group operating under the name Minyard Group. Today, they operate a total of ten supermarkets in Dallas-Fort Worth Complex wherein two of them are under Sack ‘n save while one operates under the Minyard banner.
Check Minyard Weekly Ad